If you see a green/blue-ish spot, you have spotted contamination. If you’ve spotted this in your still closed GIY substrate, contact us.
Contamination can also occur after you’ve filled your mould or while drying. First, make sure to work sterile. Contamination can occur while filling your mould due to your working surface/hands/mould not being clean enough. Second, a few precautions can be taken to prevent contamination during the drying process. Especially thicker shapes (more than 2.5cm) and products that have been taken out of the mould but are still alive/wet are susceptible to contamination. See below for the guidelines we recommend for drying:
- For products with a thickness > 2.5 cm:
- Place the product in the oven at +/- 40° C for 3-4 hours with the door a bit open so the moisture can escape.
- Bake off at 80°C for 2 hours.
- For products with a thickness < 2.5 cm:
- Place the product in the oven at 80° C for 2-3 hours.
A contaminated product can be thrown away.